Monday, September 1, 2014

Butterflies in my stomach...

...I haven't felt this nervous since I had pre-marathon jitters a few years ago. I'm off to join a bunch of friends in climbing Half Dome at Yosemite National Park on Thursday. The nerves started when I was told to prepare for it just the way I would prep for a marathon. Hydrate, carb load, and rest up. Similar to what happened when I looked at the course map 3 days before the DC marathon, I started reading about the cable ascent yesterday and since then slight panic has set in. When I haven't been shopping for hiking gear, I've been having nightmares about falling off the mountain. I did go get a pedicure, so at least I will have nice feet no matter what happens. I don't intend to be foolhardy, and I am excited. I get to see a friend I haven't seen in over ten years though we stayed in touch and she's the one who made this whole trip possible, and climbing Half Dome has been on my bucket list ever since I saw it in the distance in 2007. I just have no desire to kick the bucket while actually doing it. 

I'm hoping to come back with some good stories, pictures, and memories to last a lifetime. Now time to go hyperventilate elsewhere. 


1 comment:

kray said...

so where are all the exciting stories then?! :)